A special thank you to friends of the swim
The 12th Annual Great Newburgh to Beacon Hudson River Swim
Benefiting the operation and maintenance of the River Pool at Beacon
A wonderful opportunity for experienced swimmers to swim about one mile (72 lengths of a standard 25 yard pool) across the Hudson River and raise funds to benefit the non-profit volunteer organization River Pool at Beacon
Saturday, July 18, 2015 (Rain Date: July 19)
Riverfront Marina Newburgh-Beacon Institute Dock
LOGIN OR CREATE AN ACCOUNT HERE
We are unable to accommodate walk-ups on July 18 or on rain date, July 19.
Thank you swimmers, kayakers, volunteers and supporters during the previous 11 events. See your 2014 swim times here.
*NON-REFUNDABLE SWIMMER REGISTRATION FEES:
- Adults: $60
- Youth ages 10-17: $25 (MUST ADHERE TO ALL MINOR POLICIES)
NON-REFUNDABLE SWIMMER SPONSORSHIP FEES:
- IN ADDITION TO THE REGISTRATION FEE, ALL SWIMMERS MUST RAISE A MANDATORY MINIMUM OF $100
NO REGISTRATION OR SPONSORSHIP FEES FOR KAYAK ESCORTS
- Swimmers Register Here (PENDING)
- Kayak Escorts Register Here (PENDING)
If you pay by check, complete the online registration process, and your registration will become active when we have a cleared check payable to: River Pool at Beacon, PO Box 173, Beacon, NY 12508.
Registration before swim day is mandatory. Registration will close when the maximum number of swimmers is reached. We cannot register walkups on July 18.
Swimmers: Set up a personal donation page to track online contributions.
- Mail pledge checks to: River Pool at Beacon PO Box 173, Beacon NY 12508, and/or
- Bring sponsor contributions to swim check-in on July 18
- Make checks payable to River Pool at Beacon
- Indicate the sponsored swimmer's name on the check
REQUIRED CHECK-IN FOR SWIMMERS:
- 7:15 am - 9:15 am
- At the Newburgh Waterfront. Water St, Between 3rd St and 4thSt. (Plaza between UNICO park and Newburgh Landing).
- Come early enough to park and complete the check-in process. Expect Check-in to take up to 30 minutes.
- Minimum $100 required donation must be complete to check-in.
- Download the general swim waiver here. [PENDING]
REQUIRED CHECK-IN FOR KAYAK ESCORT VOLUNTEERS:
- 7:45 am - 9:45 am
- At the Beacon Waterfront, Long Dock Park.
- Kayakers will cross to Newburgh for a 10:05 am in-water swimmer/kayaker safety demonstration.
- From Newburgh-Beacon Bridge, 1.8 miles south on Route 9D, right on Beekman St., right on Red Flynn Drive, then immediate left on Long Dock Road.
- Kayak escorts should register on-line before swim day Come early enough to park and complete the check-in process.
- Kayakers are encouraged to attend a 1-hour safety presentation at: Beacon Institute for Rivers an Estuaries (199 Main St. Beacon, NY) Wednesday July 15, 2015 at 7pm
*Estimated Splash-In: July 18, 10:30 am
(rain date July 19: approximately 11:15 am)
- Determination of the Splash-In time estimate is according to Slack Before Flood predictions.
For Kayak Escorts Under Age 18:
- Youth, age 13-17, are permitted to participate provided they register and a parent or guardian signs a waiver.
- Minors aged 10-12 may only participate in a two-person kayak, provided a parent or guardian signs a waiver and there is an adult in the kayak.
- No kayakers under the age of 10.
For Swimmers Under Age 18:
- All Minors and their parent or guardian are required to sign a waiver.
- Swimmers, age 10-17, must have CERTIFICATION OF ABILITY SIGNED BY A COACH OR ATHLETIC DIRECTOR. Download a certification of ability form here [PENDING].
- Swimmers, age 10-12, must have CERTIFICATION AND ADULT ESCORT WHO REMAINS IN WATER WITH MINOR until minor is out of water in Beacon.
- We cannot register any swimmers under the age of 10.
- We will have permission from the US Coast Guard to cross the river.
- All swimmers and kayakers should regularly check the swim status on the web site, riverpool.org, for updates, especially the day before the swim. You can also find us on Facebook.
- The River Pool is a 501c3 tax-exempt organization and has federal and state permits in place. The prototype floating pool will be open to the public again this summer. Our collected dollars are making a difference. Thanks for your dedication!
- If you have friends and family dropping you off, they can watch the splash-in and then drive across the bridge to Beacon to watch you come out of the water.
- Celebrate afterwards! We provide a light snack and water at the Beacon Waterfront. Other food and beverages available for purchase at the waterfront and in Beacon.
- Have a question? Check our Frequently Asked Questions page. Didn’t find your answer on our FAQ page? Need further information? Send an email to: email@example.com
- Practice and train for the swim now!
- Swimmers are urged to bring kayaker escorts if possible. Have your escort register on-line before swim day.
- Don't forget to bring a towel and sunscreen.
- The water temperature is expected to be between 75 and 80 degrees.
- Check the swim route here.
From NYC and points between NYC and Beacon:
Metro-North Hudson line trains:
- Leaving Grand Central Station 6:43 am, arriving in Beacon 8:08 am
- Leaving Grand Central Station 7:43 am, arriving in Beacon 9:14 am
Metr-North Hudson line trains:
- Leaving Poughkeepsie 6:54 am, arriving in Beacon 7:12 am
- Leaving Poughkeepsie 7:54 am, arriving in Beacon 8:12 am
- Leaving Poughkeepsie 8:54 am, arriving in Beacon 9:12 am
if you plan to use Metro-North, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.