Registration is now open. Join us on August 2nd, 2014!
The Swim is a wonderful opportunity for experienced swimmers to swim about one mile (72 lengths of a standard 25 yard pool) across the Hudson River and raise funds to benefit the non-profit volunteer organization River Pool at Beacon. The organization uses these funds towards the operation and maintenance of the River Pool off the north shore of the Pete and Toshi Seeger Riverfront Park. The pool is free to the public, open Tuesday-Sunday, 12-6pm (weather permitting), July through Labor Day. Life Guards are always present when the pool is open.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION:CHECK-IN/SPLASH-OFF TIME CHANGES
Additional information about current predictions for August 2, 2014 prompted the change of scheduling for splash-in. We use these predictions, and day of swim current monitoring, to determine the best time for swimmers to cross the river. We want participants in the Great Newburgh to Beacon Hudson River Swim to have the most positive experience possible; therefore, we are delaying the splash-in time to reflect the available current prediction.
Revised Splash-off time:Riverfront Marina Newburgh, 40 Front Street, Newburgh, NY 12550)
August 2, 2014-approximately 12:35 pm
(rain date August 3-approximately-1:25 pm)
PLEASE NOTE: We build the schedule for the day around the splash-in time reflecting in a later check-in time.
Check-in:9:15 am-11:30 am (All swimmers must be checked in by 11:30 am.):
At the plaza between UNICO park and Newburgh Landing Dock
Expect check-in to take up to 30 min.
Please come early enough to park and complete the check-in process.
You must complete your minimum $100 donation requirement to check-in.
For participants using Metro North:
- Transportation to Newburgh available 9:30 am-10:30 am
- Trains arriving in Beacon at:
- 9:14 am, 10:14 am from points south
- 9:12 am, 9:50, and 10:12 am from points north
Non-refundable registration fees:
- Adults $60.
- For ages 10-17, the registration fee is $25.
Non-refundable sponsorship fees:
- All swimmers must raise a mandatory minimum of $100 in addition to their registration fee.
- Set up your personal swim page here.
- Click here for a sample fundraising letter to get you started.
- Check your account and user dashboard here.
*We are unable to accommodate walk-ups on swim day.
*The registration compensates for overall costs. We strive to keep this fee affordable in order to make our swim accessible and pleasurable to a wide range of participants.
Additonal Notes for Swimmers:
- Raindate is Sunday August 3rd, 2014.
- Practice and train for the swim now!
- Swimmers are urged to bring kayaker escorts if possible. Have your escort register on-line before swim day.
- Don't forget to bring a towel
- Party afterwards! We provide food and water at the Beacon Waterfront.
- Check regularly back here for the latest swim status - especially the day before the swim.
Kayak for the 11th Annual Newburgh to Beacon Swim.
Kayaker Safety Meeting is on Wednesday July 30th at 7:00 at the Beacon Institute, 199 Main St. Beacon.
Registration is free for kayakers.Additional Notes:
- Single person kayaks encouraged.
- Minors aged 13-17 years old are permitted to participate provided they register and a parent or guardian signs a waiver.
- Minors aged 10-12 may only participate in a two-person kayak, provided a parent or guardian signs a waiver and there is an adult in the kayak.
- No kayakers under the age of 10.
Policy for swimmers under age 18:
- All Minors and parent or guardian are required to sign a waiver.
- Swimmers ages 10 to 17-present a certification of ability signed by a coach or athletic director.
- Swimmers 10 – 12 must have certification AND adult escort WHO REMAINS IN WATER WITH MINOR until minor checks out of water in Beacon.
- We cannot register any swimmers under the age of 10
How to Support a Swimmer
Pledge money can be sent in any of three ways:
- Online: Sponsors can choose swimmer’s donation page at any time to make a donation using a credit card.
- Checks: Made out to River Pool at Beacon and INDICATING THE SPONSORED SWIMMER'S NAME can be mailed to River Pool at Beacon, PO Box 173, Beacon, NY 12508
- Bring last minute sponsor contributions to check-in on August 2nd. Be sure to allow more time for check-in and be sure the swimmer you are sponsoring gets credited.
From NYC and Points South
- Hudson line trains leaving Grand Central Station.
- Depart Grand Central: 7:44 and 8:44; Arrive in Beacon: 9:10 and 10:10
If you have friends and family dropping you off, they can watch the splash-in and then drive across the bridge to Beacon to watch you come out of the water.
Need Driving Directions? Enter your start address here