Registration is now closed for the 2013 swim.The Swim is a wonderful opportunity for experienced swimmers to swim about one mile (72 lengths of a standard 25 yard pool) across the Hudson River and raise funds to benefit the non-profit volunteer organization River Pool at Beacon.
We start at the Newburgh waterfront and finish at the Beacon waterfront.
Non-refundable registration fees:
- Adults $50.
- For ages 10-17, the registration fee is $25.
Non-refundable sponsorship fees:
- All swimmers must raise a mandatory minimum of $100.
- Set up your personal swim page here.
- Click here for a sample fundraising letter to get you started.
- Check your account and user dashboard here.
*We are unable to accommodate walk-ups on swim day.
*The registration compensates for overall costs. We strive to keep this fee affordable in order to make our swim accessible and pleasurable to a wide range of participants.
Additonal Notes for Swimmers:
- Raindate is Sunday July 28th, 2013.
- Practice and train for the swim now!
- Swimmers are urged to bring kayaker escorts if possible. Have your escort register on-line before swim day.
- Don't forget to bring a towel
- Party afterwards! We provide food and water at the Beacon Waterfront.
- Check regularly back here for the latest swim status - especially the day before the swim.
Kayak for the 10th Annual Newburgh to Beacon Swim
Registration is free for kayakers.
Please be sure to attend the kayaker safety demonstration. Date to be determined.Additional Notes:
- Single person kayaks encouraged.
- Minors aged 13-17 years old are permitted to participate provided they register and a parent or guardian signs a waiver.
- Minors aged 10-12 may only participate in a two-person kayak, provided a parent or guardian signs a waiver and there is an adult in the kayak.
- No kayakers under the age of 10.
Download the kayaker fact sheet here.
Policy for swimmers under age 18:
- All Minors and parent or guardian are required to sign a waiver.
- Swimmers ages 10 to 17-present a certification of ability signed by a coach or athletic director.
- Swimmers 10 – 12 must have certification AND adult escort WHO REMAINS IN WATER WITH MINOR until minor checks out of water in Beacon.
- We cannot register any swimmers under the age of 10
How to Support a Swimmer
Pledge money can be sent in any of three ways:
- Online: Sponsors can choose swimmer’s donation page at any time to make a donation using a credit card.
- Checks: Made out to River Pool at Beacon and INDICATING THE SPONSORED SWIMMER'S NAME can be mailed to River Pool at Beacon, PO Box 173, Beacon, NY 12508
- Bring last minute sponsor contributions to check-in on July 27th. Be sure to allow more time for check-in and be sure the swimmer you are sponsoring gets credited.
From NYC and Points South
- Hudson line trains leaving Grand Central Station.
- Depart Grand Central: 7:44 and 8:44; Arrive in Beacon: 9:10 and 10:10
If you have friends and family dropping you off, they can watch the splash-in and then drive across the bridge to Beacon to watch you come out of the water.
Need Driving Directions? Enter your start address here